THE HISTORY OF THE TOWER OF MEJANELL

Fri, 07/31/2009 - 13:03 — admin

 Old castle from the  XI th century  which has preserved the round watch tower which is still 13 metres high. The manor  house was built in the 14th century and was attached to the Tower using its round walls as part of the house.

Tracing the history we find that the Master of the Malacara Castle gave this Tower to Cebrià Domingo in 1638 and it has remained in the family ever since.

All this is part of the National heritage and it is one of the lodging houses on the Santiago’s pilgrimage route.

 

Share this